Quality Engineer - Process & QC
- Liverpool, L24 8RF
- £25.00 to 30.00 Per Hour
We have an opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join one of our First Tier Automotive Supplier clients in the North West. The successful applicant will focus on:
Checking the adherence of quality procedures, manage process/product audits and be the responsible for containment actions of quality problems:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform the product and process Quality Audits and share results with the team
- Confirm compliance to the specification, procedures and requirements of ISOTS and its Customers
- Inspection of turbocharger and components
- Ensure that Quality Alerts, Customer Requirements and identified critical processes and key skills are under control and compliant by conducting shift daily audit checks.
- Support Corrective Action Management
- Leads quality processes leading the containment of quality issue related to the shop floor.
- Train the operators in Quality requirements relative to the Quality of the Product and Process
- Lead the close out and monitor action plans related to non-conformance identified during process/product audit and as a consequence of a quality incidents.
- Support the team on analysing the Internal Scraps
- Confirm Production in process analysis, Set-Up, SPC, compliance confirmation and overall Production / Incoming Supplier monitoring
- Work to continually find solution to improve the daily job
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Automotive Quality experience or Quality experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Assembling, machining knowledge, Fasteners, Torque, Grinding, Actuator calibration both vacuum, pressure and hysteresis
- Able to read Technical drawings – Geometric tolerance and dimensioning, Technical specification reading and understanding.
- Knowledge of First principle measurement techniques
- Fast learner
- Very good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with short lead times for closure
- 8D Corrective Action methodology – experienced
- Good interpersonal skills with a coaching mentatlity
- Experience with Problem solving techniques
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Measurement Systems Analysis methodologies
- Experience of working in multifunctional teams
- Containment action management skills
- SAP or equivalent MRP System skills – QM (quality module) and MM (Materials Management)
- Microsoft Office package, SAP, Visual Factory, Trace, Minitab, PDM, MHS
Experience and Education Required
- High School Diploma with technical specialization in mechanics, production or electronics preferred
- 3 years in at least 2 different manufacturing operator positions
- Trained in Technical Specification ISO/TS16949/2009 and related core tools (APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, PPAP)
This is a contract role and the rate offered will be dependent upon previous experience. In any event we anticipate a rate in the £25 to £30 per hour range.
To apply for this position please respond with a current cv or call 01952 239 471 to speak to Toby.