- £18600.00 to 21000.00 Per Year
Recruiting on behalf of a large and well-established Care and Support provider for experienced Support Workers to work at a new supported living service opening in Warlignham for 4 adults with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours.
You will work as key member of a friendly staff team, enabling residents to maximise their independence and to engage in social and leisure activities, as well as promoting independent living skills and encouraging positive behaviours.
Hours - Full-time, permanent contract- 39 hours per week. Worked as part of a rota Monday to Sunday. Earlys, Lates, Long days, Sleep Ins and Waking Nights.
Salary - £18,600-£19,800 (dependent on experience), rising to £21,000 after 6-12 months
Excellent benefits offered:
- Excellent training, including study towards NVQ / QCF qualifications
- 31 days holiday (pro-rata)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced Over time rate paid
- Discount scheme on various high street shops
Key duties will include:
- Encouraging and enabling individuals to maximise their independence
- Promoting independent living skills through proactive person-centered care and support
- Providing support with personal care
- Accompanying individuals to appointments such as GP, hospital, dentist, shops etc.
- Supporting people to engage in social activities
- Updating care plans, records and reports
Applicants will need to have:
- Experience in supporting adults with disabilities and challenging behaviours
- A genuine desire to support people to make choices about their unique lifestyle and lead independent lives
- A flexible and dedicated attitude and approach
- Good communication skills
If you're looking for a new career development opportunity with excellent training, working in a company that invests in their staff, send your CV today.