Recruiting for an experienced Deputy Manager on behalf a well-established care and support provider to join the management team of a small transitional supported living service for young adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours based in Bexleyheath.
The Deputy Manager for this service is responsible for the day to day management of the supported living scheme and supervision of a friendly staff team, ensuring service delivery and enabling the individuals to maximise their independence. The deputy manager is will also take a lead in providing hands-on care and support.
Hours - Full-time, permanent, 39 hours per week, and able to work early, late and night shifts as part of the rota Monday to Sunday.
Key duties will include:
- Managing the day to day running of the service, ensuring the needs of the service user is met
- Compiling, assessing, monitoring and reviewing person-centred support plans
- Providing support to senior management, including assistance with the drawing up of staff rotas to ensuring service users’ needs are covered
- Responsibility for staff training and recruitment
- Supporting to manage the home budget
- Liaison with families, external agencies and partner organisations
Excellent benefits offered:
- Excellent training, including further study towards professional qualifications
- 31 days holiday (pro-rata)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced Over time rate paid
- Discount scheme on various high street shops
Ideally, applicants will have:
- Recent and relevant supervisory experience within the health and social care sector
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with complex care needs
- Good communication, and administrative skills
- Access to a car to use for work purposes (desirable)
If you're looking for a new career development opportunity as a Deputy Manager, working in a company that invests in their staff, send your CV today.